Founder and President
Mr. Massoud Abolhoda is the founder and president of Plan Review Consultants, Inc. Mr. Abolhoda has over 18 years of experience in plan checking, supervising plan check staff and managing the Building and Safety Divisions of the City of Fremont, a regional leader recognized for quality of work and customer service. His professional structural engineering experience has been instrumental in understanding the needs of clients and providing effective, customer friendly and value added plan review services.
Mr. Abolhoda is the recipient of the CALBO 2007-2008 Building Official of the Year Award. Under his leadership at the City of Fremont, among many other customer and quality achievements, has achieved the following recognitions:
- The first City to receive the Insurance Service Offices (ISO) rating of #1, in 1999.
- Building Department of the year, 2000.
- Earthquake Engineering Research Institute Northern California Chapter for Innovation and Exemplary Practices, 2007.
Mr. Abolhoda, has over 8 years of design experience in structural systems and has been responsible for numerous mid-rise and heavy frame structures, including office buildings, industrial buildings, parking structures, apartment buildings, assembly and recreational buildings, as well as light frame structures such as custom homes and multi-story apartment buildings. Massoud also has extensive experience in design and plan review of earthquake retrofit systems for existing buildings such as URM, Tilt-Up, non-ductile concrete and steel buildings.
Mr. Abolhoda holds a Master of Science in Structural Engineering and a Bachelors of Science degree in Civil Engineering from UCLA. He is a registered structural engineer and civil engineer (CE 36028) licensed by the State of California and an ICBO certified plans examiner and a CABO certified Building Official.
Mr. Thung joined Plan Review Consultants in 2010 upon his retirement from the Contra Costa County Building Inspection Department, where he worked for 30 years, the last 16 years as Supervising Structural Engineer, where he managed the Engineering and Plan Check Division with a staff of 24 employees. Mr. Thung has also worked in the private sector for 10 years, designing structures and infrastructure. Mr. Thung is a California licensed civil and structural engineer and holds ICC Certification as a building plans examiner. Mr. Thung holds a Bachelors degree in Civil Engineering and a Masters of Science degree in Structural Engineering.
Mr. Sadjadi has over 20 years of experience in the building industry, with a strong technical background in structural analysis, design, and structural dynamics. He was the engineer of record for numerous residential and commercial projects, as well as many structural renovations and earthquake retrofit projects. He worked for Schlumberger of Paris, France between 1983-1985 as a field engineer. Mr Sadjadi’s unique construction and design experience brings a practical perspective to plan check that ensures plan review conducted considers constructability along side of code compliance.
Mr. Sadjadi holds a Master of Science in Structural Engineering and a Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering from UCLA. His achievements include: Honors at graduation, Cum Laude and Engineering Honor Society, TAU BETA PI. Mr. Sadjadi is a licensed professional civil engineer in the State of California
Mr Hamid brings to PRC his expertise as a design and project manager for many civil engineering projects encompassing street improvement and public works, NPDS, grading and hydrology. He previously worked in the capacity of project manager for the City of Santa Ana and the City of San Clemente in the Civil and Public Works Department where he managed and plan checked projects. He has also worked on the following notable projects:
- Prepared Project Study Reports focusing on Hwy 30 from City of Upland to City of San Bernardino.
- Prepared a Hydrology study for Lytle Creek, City of San Bernardino.
- Prepared drainage analysis, storm drain and street plans for 450 AC. residential developments in the City of La Habra, County of Orange and for 300 AC. residential developments in the City of La Mirada, County of Los Angeles.
- Provided plan check services for City of Anaheim Development Division on drainage, street, sewer, and water projects for Public Agencies
- Prepared master drainage plan for City of Rancho Cucamonga, County of San Bernardino.
- Managed Design and Construction for 24 AC. Commercial Development in City of Chino Hills
Mr. Torkamanha holds a Master of Science in Civil Engineering/Water Resources and a Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering from California State University Long Beach. Hamid is a Licensed Professional Civil engineer in the State of California.
Mr Matinpour has 16 years of experience in design and inspection in electrical engineering, He holds a Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering. Mr. Matinpour has been responsible for:
- Designing electrical systems for commercial, residential, historical and public works
- Designing substation, midsize switchgear, control circuits, fire alarm and data systems.
- Conducting inspections, electrical plan review and surveys for different types of structures and buildings.
- Conducting fire inspections for Automatic Fire Extinguishing Systems, fire alarm plan review and inspection.
Mr. Matinpour provides electrical plan check services for PRC and he hold ICC certification as an electrical plans examiner.